Postcard featuring the Y.W.C.A. building, located at 26 George Street. Three women stand in front of building. Also shows portions of the neighboring buildings at left and at right.
On verso: "The Y.W.C.A. was first established in 1903 in Charleston in two rooms on King Street, 1903. They moved several times before settling in this building at 26 George Street, which was completed on March 4, 1920."
Note: This was the white branch, disaffiliated by the National YWCA in the 1960s because it would not support segregated branches.
Published by Paul E. Trouche.