Posted: September 8, 2020
The answer is St. John’s Lutheran Church Parish House (5 Clifford Street). There’s no history of this building in HCF’s Archives. What is known is that the building was constructed ca. 1854 and was razed by September 1954 when ground was broken for the construction of a new building designed by Halsey and Cummings Architects and would be built by General Contracting Company for $85,764. (“America’s News—Historical and Current,” and “Fire Insurance Maps Online” [a/k/a Sanborn Maps], each accessed via the Charleston County Public Library website.) Photograph courtesy of the Fairfield County Historical Museum.