A Magical Evening: A Recap of the PreserVISIONist Soireé
Posted: November 14, 2023
Guests enjoyed games in the lawn at the Russell House during the event.
On October 27th, the Foundation’s PreserVISIONist Membership Group danced the night away at the second annual PreserVISIONist Soireé! The Foundation was thrilled to welcome current and NEW PreserVISIONist members to the Nathaniel Russell House for this event. Fundraising events like the Soireé are vital in supporting the Foundation’s initiatives like the Common Cause Loan Fund, archaeology at both Historic House Museums and continued mission-driven work throughout Charleston.
Members of the PreserVISIONists receive early access to tickets and an exclusive discount to this event. Learn more about the group HERE and join as a member HERE.
Thank you to our sponsors and vendors that contributed to our magical evening!
- Bar sponsored by The Botanist Gin with signature cocktail recipe for this event. (See recipe, below!)
- 360 Photo Booth provided by Slate 360 and sponsored by Beemok Hospitality Collection, Willis Hagood Construction and Rhodes Boutique. See all 360 videos HERE.
- Sweet & Salty Candy Bar sponsored by Croghan’s Jewel Box
- Floral arrangements and stems courtesy of Lotus Flower
- Music courtesy of The First Class Band
- Lighting design, chandeliers and disco ball vibes courtesy of AV Connections
- Linens provided by Stradley Davidson
- Catering provided by Duvall Catering
- Kombucha & Lager provided by Bevi Bene Brewing Co.
- Custom Bars and Lounge provided by Snyder Lounge
- Photography courtesy of Sophia Evelyn Photography (Browse downloadable photo album HERE)
- Custom Watercolor Portraits provided by Rebecca Meixner @RebeccaIllustrated (See more, below!)
- Supporting Sponsors: Molly Basile Interiors, Holy City Orthodontics, Doyle New York, Sebastian von Marschall Architects, Salmons Dredging Company
- Raffle and Silent Auction generously supported by: Pioneer Africa, Halsey Institute of Contemporary Art, Charleston Artist Collective, Juliska, Fritz Porter, Kim Graham Photography, Charleston Library Society, Burbages Grocery, High Cotton, Cru Cafe, Harken Cafe, Nordic Cooking, Walk & Talk Charleston
Soireé Signature Cocktail by The Botanist: The Recipe
- 2oz – The Botanist Gin
- 1oz – Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 0.5oz – Honey Syrup (Heat equal parts water and honey until combined)
- Combine ingredients & shake with ice
- Strain in highball glass over ice
- Top with soda water, and Belle de Brillet Float on top.
- Garnish with Lemon and fresh clipped herb!
Brands at Bar: The Botanist Gin, Belle de Brillet Pear & Cognac Liqueur, Cointreau, Mount Gay Eclipse, Tito’s Vodka, Lalo Tequila and Elijah Craig Small Batch Bourbon
Did you pick up your Watercolor Portrait by Rebecca Illustrated? We have a few left over from the event! If you’re missing your portrait, use this link to browse the watercolor portraits left behind.
Are you interested in supporting the 2024 PreserVISIONist Soireé? Reach out to Director of Development, Blair Phillips via email at [email protected].