We’re Hiring – Ticket Office Manager / Administrative Data Coordinator
Posted: October 13, 2021
Ticket Office Manager / Administrative Data Coordinator
Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director of Development
Date created/reviewed/revised: October 2021
This position is an integral and critical support role for the Development Department. It supports the fundraising and development initiatives through the data management and communication coordination of all constituent groups. This position will also manage the ticket office operations throughout the year.
Essential Job Functions:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with particular attention to detail
- Focused attention on quality, detailed, and excellent work often with ambitious deadlines
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent customer service skills (in person and over the phone)
- Ability to learn organizational best practices, priorities, and procedures and to always represent the organization in a professional manner
- Ability to multi-task and manage the successful completion of multiple projects, often with shifting priorities while working independently, within a team, and/or under direct supervision
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, well organized, and creative
- Maintain confidentiality of donor and additional sensitive information
- Ability to manage and lead seasonal, temporary ticket office staff
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Ability to travel between ticket office locations to pick-up or deliver supplies as needed
- Data entry – Using established protocols, accurately enter donations, new and updated constituent information, and support documentation on a timely basis.
- Database management – properly document and store transactional information, and merge files; periodically run clean-up processes to increase data accuracy and eliminate duplicate records; assist with mailing list creation and updates.
- Process and mail appeals and gift acknowledgements along with donor cards, guest cards, and other supplemental materials.
- Coordinate renewal and solicitation data for donors; assist with all development correspondence.
- Generate custom reports based on various criteria and run queries for specific objectives.
- Respond to customers’ questions about the organization, the Festival of Houses and Gardens, the museum houses, retail operations, and other current HCF events.
- Sell tickets to the Festival of Houses and Gardens and other HCF events. Execute daily closing and reconciliation procedures.
- Assist in hiring, training, and managing ticket office staff in all aspects of ticketing operations from customer service to processing procedures in Altru.
- Create ticket office schedule for the season while staying within the allotted budget.
- Assist with evaluation of ticket office staff, sales, and procedures at the end of the Festival season.
- Troubleshoot ticket office issues from customers’ complaints to processing errors.
- Inform all ticket office staff and other HCF staff when events are sold out or low on ticket inventory.
- Ensure ticket office locations are fully stocked with needed computers, printers, phones, office supplies, brochures, programs, maps, etc. throughout the Festival season.
- Maintain proper and accurate out –of-office, after hours, busy on other lines, and holiday messaging on ticket office phone extensions. Promptly return all phone and email messages within 24 hours.
- All full-time members of HCF staff are called on, from time to time, to support cooperative Foundation programs that are held after normal working hours or on weekends and to assist with projects that may lie outside their primary areas of responsibility.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree in a relevant field with at least two years of database experience
- Customer Service experience
- Development and/or ticketing experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook), and Altru or a related CRM database
This full-time position operates primarily in an office environment, although work will also be performed in the ticket office inside HCF’s retail store. Minimum shift requirement: Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; Working hours may vary during the Festival season.
Competitive wages and benefits, free parking, Reciprocity Pass (+1), retail shopping discount, Flex Friday
To Apply: Send your resume along with a cover letter to Laurie Ouellette ([email protected]). In your cover letter, please address these three things in a quick summary:
- Why are you a great fit for this position? I am a great fit for this position because…
- Name your three best characteristics. My best characteristics are…
- What is your favorite restaurant and why? I love to eat at______ because…
There are no wrong answers. The right answers are the ones that accurately describe you.