Oysters by the Battery: An Event for PreserVISIONists
February 23 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
View from 40 East Bay, Event Location
Historic Charleston Foundation is jumping right into 2023 with the first PreserVISIONist event, a Lowcountry Oyster Roast by the Battery on February 23. This event is the first of four debut PreserVISIONist events designed with our young professionals, in mind. We’re partnering with Lowcountry Oyster Company to bring a joyful and casual event to the Captain James Missroon House (HCF headquarters) and enjoy the views, learn more about the Foundation, what to look forward to in the year, and most importantly, CONNECT with like-minded young professionals with a passion for historic preservation, history and Charleston. Members receive their benefits with advance notice of the event and event discount. Proceeds from the PreserVISIONist Oyster Roast will directly benefit the Foundation and our mission-driven work. Tickets for this event are $40 for PreserVISIONist members and $50 for non-members. (details below).
Here’s what you can look forward to for the first Oysters by the Battery PreserVISIONist Event:
- Live music by The Green Levels
- Fresh oysters from Lowcountry Oyster Company
- Hot chili as the perfect oyster compliment
- Beer and Wine included (21 + event)
- A behind-the-scenes look at the Captain James Missroon House
- A picturesque view of the battery
- Learn more about the first FREE Members only event
This event is open to PreserVISIONist members and the public, 21+. Limited supply of tickets available. No pets. No outside food/drink. Rain or shine event.
- Current Members (CURRENT PreserVISIONists): $40 per person (Price will drop from $50 to $40 after site user registration and membership are confirmed.)
Valid only for currently* enrolled PreserVISIONists who are registered on our site prior to placing ticket order.
- * You must register on our site and have already joined the program or join with this order for the $40 rate to apply. This rate will only be honored for current members or for those who join in the same order and are verified as registered site users.
- A discount of $10 per ticket will be applied after the site user registration and membership are confirmed.
- Members may receive a $10 discount on two tickets.
- To validate your membership, use this link to register as a user on our site, or click the “Register for site” button after you have added tickets to your cart. The button appears on the next screen below the name/address/email info section.
- Current Non-members: $50 per person
If you have not joined the PreserVISIONist membership program and would like to do so now, please click here to place the membership in your cart. You may then “continue shopping” and return to this page to put event tickets in your cart. Please choose CURRENT PreserVISIONist ticket type and remember to select the “Register for site” button before completing your order.
- Non-PreserVISIONist (admission w/out membership): $50 per person