Community Day at the Aiken-Rhett House Museum
October 15, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Historic Charleston Foundation would like to invite you to Community Day at the Aiken-Rhett House Museum on Saturday, October 15. This family-friendly day features free admission to the Aiken-Rhett House Museum, including the FLIGHT art exhibit by Mary Edna Fraser along with a day of education, activities, entertainment, and community. This event is FREE and open to the public.
Community Day highlights and vendors:
- Indigo Dying demonstration with Kristy Bishop Studios
- Storytelling with Tim Lowry
- Colonial quill writing
- Scavenger Hunt through the Aiken-Rhett House Museum
- Visual art exhibit, FLIGHT on display
- Reading corner with Charleston County Public Library
- Games and activities that date to the 16th and 17th centuries
- Guided tours of the Kitchen House, Laundry and Quarters
- Live music by the Paul Quattlebaum band
- Petting zoo
- Lunch and more!
Please join us at the Aiken-Rhett House Museum to celebrate community with Historic Charleston Foundation. Please email [email protected] with any questions or concerns.
- No pets
- No outside food or coolers (bottled water acceptable)
- Children ages 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult
- The Aiken-Rhett House Museum is not handicap accessible. However, the event will be held in the yard with natural terrain and street access.