Posted: October 22, 2020
1. All ticket purchases for events that are NOT virtual are refundable until April 1, 2021. Tickets for virtual events are non-refundable. After April 1, refunds will only be granted if HCF cancels the event due to COVID concerns. Processing fees are not refunded.
2. The City of Charleston currently has a mask ordinance in place that requires face coverings over the mouth and nose for both indoor and outdoor activities. For the safety of all, guests are required to wear masks. Guests who do not comply with the ordinance will be asked to leave the event and no refunds will be given.
3. All events (except for the Photography Walkabouts) occur rain or shine. Please prepare for inclement weather if forecasted. In the event of inclement weather, the Photography Walkabout will be rescheduled for the afternoon or following Sunday morning. Ticket holders will be notified via email if weather is causing a delay.
4. Tickets are not mailed in advance. Your email confirmation is your proof of purchase. Please read and save your confirmation as you will need to show your proof of purchase for admission. TOUR ticketholders – see #5 about where to pick up your map and credentials.
5. For the safety of all our guests and out of respect for our homeowners, pets are not permitted on any kind of tour. This includes Glorious Garden Tours, Morning History Walks and Morning Photography Walkabouts.
6. TOUR Glorious Gardens: TOUR ticketholders must pick up TOUR credentials at the Festival Ticket Office*. Tour maps and credentials will be available for pick-up beginning April 19th. You will be required to show your proof of purchase / email confirmation and a photo ID that matches the name on the confirmation to receive your TOUR credentials and map. Each person on a TOUR must have valid credentials for admission to tour sites.
7. Ticketholders to all other Festival events (Live Like a Local events, Food for Thought lectures, or Morning History Walks) will be asked to present proof of purchase / email confirmation and a photo ID at the event venue for admission. You do not need to pick up credentials in advance for events in these categories.
8. If you are unable to use your Festival tickets, you may contact the Festival Ticket Office to activate one of these options:
a. Exchange your unused tickets for another event during the 2021 Festival for an exchange fee of $10 per ticket plus the higher ticket price difference, contingent on availability and approval. Partial refunds are not given for exchanges to lower-priced tickets.
b. Donate your unused tickets to HCF as a tax-deductible gift. An acknowledgment of your donation will be provided.
*Festival Ticket Office Information:
Location: New in 2021 – Historic Charleston Foundation Headquarters | 40 East Bay Street
In Person Hours: April 19th – May 21st | Monday – Friday from 9 am to 4 pm
Contact: (843) 722-3405 | [email protected]
Mailing Address: Historic Charleston Foundation | PO Box 1120 | Charleston, SC 29402