2021 Festival Information – Know Before You Go
Posted: October 27, 2020
Thank you for your purchase of tickets for the 2021 Festival of Houses and Gardens. Your purchase supports the preservation, advocacy and education initiatives of Historic Charleston Foundation.
Please bookmark this page or consider printing for future reference.
General Festival Ticket/Event Information:
- Safety precautions and social distancing protocols will be in place at every 2021 Festival Event. The safety and well-being of our customers, hosts, staff and volunteers is our highest priority. We have limited the number of tickets available at every event. The City of Charleston currently has a mask ordinance in place that requires face coverings over the mouth and nose for both indoor and outdoor activities. For the safety of all, guests are required to wear masks. Guests who do not comply with the ordinance will be asked to leave the event and no refunds will be given.
- No tickets are mailed. Your email confirmation is your proof of purchase. Check your spam or junk folders if you do not receive the confirmation in your inbox.
- The purchase price of tickets is refundable through March 1, 2021. After March 1, 2021, refunds will only be given if HCF cancels an event due to Covid-19. Processing fees are not refundable.
- If you are unable to use your Festival tickets, you may contact the HCF ticket office prior to April 30, 2021 to activate one of these options:
- Exchange your unused tickets for another event during the 2021 Festival for a processing fee of $10 per ticket plus the price difference, contingent upon availability and approval. Refunds are not given for exchanges to lower-priced tickets.
- Donate your unused tickets to HCF as a tax-deductible gift. An acknowledgment of your gift will be provided.
Festival Ticket Office Information:
- Location: (This location is open from March 10-April 17, 2021) Shop Historic Charleston | 108 Meeting Street | HINT: To avoid long lines at the ticket office, pick up your TOUR credentials between 9 am and 11 am or after 2 pm.
- Suggested Parking: Public parking garage at 93 Queen Street
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (843) 722.3405
- TOUR ticketholders (except Garden Splendor ticketholders*) must pick up TOUR maps and TOUR credentials at the Festival ticket office between March 10th and April 17th, 2021. Please present proof of purchase (email confirmation) and a photo ID to receive your TOUR map and TOUR credentials. Each person on a TOUR must have valid credentials to tour properties. (To avoid long lines at the ticket office, pick up your TOUR credentials between 9 am and 11 am or after 2 pm.)
- *Garden Splendor Tour ticketholders – You do not need to pick up tour credentials in advance. You will receive an email about a week prior to your event with specific information about your starting place. You will present your email confirmation to your Splendor Tour guide when checking in.
- Sip and Stroll Tours – Please gather 15 minutes prior to your tour’s start time so your guided tour may begin promptly. You will receive details about where the tour starts when you pick up your tour credentials at the ticket office.
- Restrooms are NOT available in residential neighborhoods. Luckily, the restrooms at the ticket office are available 9 am – 6 pm daily.
- By SC law, photography is NOT allowed on private property.
- Out of courtesy to our hosts and other guests, please refrain from cell phone usage while on tour.
- Tours are conducted rain or shine, so please be prepared.
- Comfortable, flat walking shoes are strongly encouraged. They are safer and better for walking on uneven sidewalks and cobbled streets, and will also help protect the floors of the historic homes.
Live Like a Local Events:
If you have a ticket to a Live Like a Local event, your email confirmation is your admission ticket. Please prepare to show your proof of purchase upon arrival to the venue:
- Container Gardening: Charleston’s Over-the-Top Pots
Garden of Nathaniel Russell House (51 Meeting Street)
- Gospel Brunch
Galpao Gaucho (167 East Bay Street)
- Gullah Spirituals Concerts
Unitarian Church (4 Archdale Street)
- Morning Photography Walkabout
Departs from Shop Historic Charleston at 108 Meeting Street
- Rosé and Roses in the Garden
Nathaniel Russell House (51 Meeting Street)
- Wine by the Water
Historic Charleston Foundation Headquarters (40 East Bay Street)
Food For Thought Luncheon Lectures:
If you have a ticket to a Food for Thought event, your email confirmation is your admission ticket. Please prepare to show your proof of purchase upon arrival.
- Location: Historic Charleston Foundation’s headquarters, the Captain Missroon House, located at 40 East Bay Street.
- The Food For Thought Luncheon Lectures begin at 11:30 am.
- Participants will enjoy a casual light lunch of salads and sandwiches.
- Limited street parking is available.
Morning History Walks:
If you have a ticket to a Morning History Walk, your email confirmation is your admission ticket. Please prepare to show your proof of purchase upon arrival.
- Morning History Walks depart from 108 Meeting Street (Shop Historic Charleston).
- Check-in for the walk at 9:15 am. Tours depart promptly at 9:30 am and end at 11:30 am.
- We recommend that you wear comfortable walking shoes and bring a bottled water.
If you have questions about your order, please email or call the ticket office: (843) 722.3405. If you have to leave a message, your call will be returned as soon as possible.
Quick Reference – Festival Venues & HCF Locations:
- Aiken-Rhett House Museum | 48 Elizabeth Street
- Nathaniel Russell House Museum | 51 Meeting Street
- Captain James Missroon House | 40 East Bay Street (HCF Headquarters)
- Circular Congregational Church | 150 Meeting Street
- Charleston Visitor Center | 375 Meeting Street
- Shop Historic Charleston | 108 Meeting Street
- The Market Shop of Historic Charleston Foundation | 188 Meeting Street (inside the City Market)
Enhance your visit to Charleston:
- Download the HCF Mobile App. Why? Click here or on the APP icon on our website to download.
- Excellent content – It’s your guide to historic Charleston and HCF’s two museum houses.
- Excellent price – It’s free. But hey, feel free to drop a donation in the box so we can keep refreshing the content.
- Excellent accessibility – It’s available on Apple and Android devices!
- Take the 30 stop audio tour of Charleston.
- Enjoy stories of over 300 sites in the city.
- It has over 9 recorded hours of researched and curated history plus photos to bring the stories alive.
- Visit our two house museums (click link below for hours and admission info), and enjoy tours already loaded on the HCF APP with many “extras” to discover. Purchase admission to one house or a discounted ticket to visit both houses.
- Shop Tax-Free:
- Shop Historic Charleston | 108 Meeting Street
- The Market Shop of Historic Charleston Foundation | 188 Meeting Street (in the City Market)
- Online @ www.HistoricCharleston.org/store/
And follow HCF on FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM!
The mission of Historic Charleston Foundation is to champion the historic authenticity, cultural character, and livability of the Charleston region through advocacy, stewardship, and community engagement. Your support is vital to HCF’s mission and to the preservation of what makes the Lowcountry and Charleston so significant. Please consider a donation to help continue HCF’s preservation-focused mission.
HISTORIC CHARLESTON FOUNDATION
40 East Bay Street
PO Box 1120 | Charleston, SC 29402
For inquiries unrelated to the Festival: (843) 723.1623 | [email protected]