2021 Festival Information – Know Before You Go
Posted: October 27, 2020
(Updated March 15, 2021)
Thank you for your purchase of tickets for the 2021 Festival of Houses and Gardens. Your purchase supports the preservation, advocacy and education initiatives of Historic Charleston Foundation.
Please bookmark this page or consider printing for future reference. (See Print button at bottom of page).
General Festival Ticket/Event Information:
- Safety precautions and social distancing protocols will be in place at every 2021 Festival Event. The safety and well-being of our customers, hosts, staff and volunteers is our highest priority. We have limited the number of tickets available at every event. The City of Charleston currently has a mask ordinance in place that requires face coverings over the mouth and nose for both indoor and outdoor activities. For the safety of all, guests are required to wear masks. Guests who do not comply with the ordinance will be asked to leave the event and no refunds will be given.
- No tickets are mailed. Your email confirmation is your proof of purchase. Check your spam or junk folders if you do not receive the confirmation in your inbox.
- The purchase price of tickets for non-virtual events is refundable through April 1, 2021. After April 1, 2021, refunds will only be given if HCF cancels an event due to Covid-19. Processing fees are not refundable.
- If you are unable to use your Festival tickets, you may contact the HCF ticket office prior to activate one of these options:
- Exchange your unused tickets for another event during the 2021 Festival for a processing fee of $10 per ticket plus the price difference, contingent upon availability and approval. Refunds are not given for exchanges to lower-priced tickets.
- Donate your unused tickets to HCF as a tax-deductible gift. An acknowledgment of your gift will be provided.
Festival Ticket Office Information:
- Location: New in 2021 – The ticket office will operate out of Historic Charleston Foundation’s headquarters (40 East Bay Street).
- Hours of Operation: You may visit the ticket office at 40 East Bay between 9 am and 4 pm Monday-Friday.
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (843) 722-3405
TOUR Glorious Gardens Information:
- Please present proof of purchase (email confirmation) and a photo ID to receive your TOUR map and TOUR credentials. Each person on TOUR must have valid credentials to enter each tour property. Tour credentials for the Glorious Garden tours will be available for pick up beginning April 19th.
- Restrooms are NOT available in residential neighborhoods. Luckily, the restrooms at the ticket office are available 9 am – 6 pm daily.
- By SC law, photography is NOT allowed on private property.
- Out of courtesy to our hosts and other guests, please refrain from cell phone usage while on tour.
- Glorious Garden Tours are conducted rain or shine, so please be prepared if inclement weather is forecaseted.
- Comfortable, flat walking shoes are strongly encouraged. They are safer and better for walking on uneven sidewalks and cobbled streets, and will also help protect the floors of the historic homes.
Live Like a Local Events:
If you have a ticket to a Live Like a Local event, your email confirmation is your admission ticket. Please prepare to show your proof of purchase upon arrival to the venue:
- Gullah Spiritual Concert on April 1 Only
Aiken-Rhett House (48 Elizabeth Street)
- Gullah Spirituals Concerts (except April 1)
Unitarian Church (4 Archdale Street)
- Morning Photography Walkabout **
Departs from Shop Historic Charleston (108 Meeting Street) | ** In the event of inclement weather, the Photography Walkabout will be rescheduled for the afternoon or the following Sunday morning. Ticket holders will be notified via email if weather is causing a delay.
- Wine by the Water
Historic Charleston Foundation Headquarters (40 East Bay Street)
Food for Thought Luncheon Lectures:
- Food for Thought Lectures between March 11th and April 2nd will be virtual. The email confirmation of your purchase will provide the webinar link.
- Food for Thought Lectures beginning April 5th will be in-person events. Your email confirmation is your admission ticket. Please prepare to show your proof of purchase upon arrival.
- Location: Historic Charleston Foundation’s headquarters, the Captain Missroon House, located at 40 East Bay Street.
- The Food For Thought Luncheon Lectures begin at 11:30 am.
- Participants will enjoy a casual light lunch of salads and sandwiches.
- Limited street parking is available.
Morning History Walks:
If you have a ticket to a Morning History Walk, the email confirmation of your purchase is your admission ticket. Please prepare to show your proof of purchase upon arrival.
- Morning History Walks depart from 108 Meeting Street (Shop Historic Charleston).
- Check-in for the walk at 9:15 am. Tours depart promptly at 9:30 am and end at 11:30 am.
- We recommend that you wear comfortable walking shoes and bring a bottled water.
If you have questions about your order, please email or call the ticket office: (843) 722.3405. If you have to leave a message, your call will be returned as soon as possible.
Quick Reference – Festival Venues & HCF Locations:
- Aiken-Rhett House Museum | 48 Elizabeth Street
- Nathaniel Russell House Museum | 51 Meeting Street
- Captain James Missroon House (HCF Headquarters) | 40 East Bay Street
- Charleston Visitor Center | 375 Meeting Street
- Shop Historic Charleston | 108 Meeting Street
- Ticket Office (HCF Headquarters) | 40 East Bay Street
- The Market Shop of Historic Charleston Foundation | 188 Meeting Street (inside the City Market)
Enhance your visit to Charleston:
- Download the HCF Mobile App. Why? Click here or on the APP icon on our website to download.
- Excellent content – It’s your guide to historic Charleston and HCF’s two museum houses.
- Excellent price – It’s free. But hey, feel free to drop a donation in the box so we can keep refreshing the content.
- Excellent accessibility – It’s available on Apple and Android devices!
- Take the 30 stop audio tour of Charleston.
- Enjoy stories of over 300 sites in the city.
- It has over 9 recorded hours of researched and curated history plus photos to bring the stories alive.
- Visit our two house museums (click link below for hours and admission info), and enjoy tours already loaded on the HCF APP with many “extras” to discover. Purchase admission to one house or a discounted ticket to visit both houses.
- Shop Tax-Free:
- Shop Historic Charleston | 108 Meeting Street
- The Market Shop of Historic Charleston Foundation | 188 Meeting Street (in the City Market)
- Online @ www.HistoricCharleston.org/store/
And follow HCF on FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM!
The mission of Historic Charleston Foundation is to champion the historic authenticity, cultural character, and livability of the Charleston region through advocacy, stewardship, and community engagement. Your support is vital to HCF’s mission and to the preservation of what makes the Lowcountry and Charleston so significant. Please consider a donation to help continue HCF’s preservation-focused mission.
HISTORIC CHARLESTON FOUNDATION
40 East Bay Street
PO Box 1120 | Charleston, SC 29402
For inquiries unrelated to the Festival: (843) 723.1623 | [email protected]