2020 Festival of Houses and Gardens Ticket Information
Posted: October 30, 2019
We suggest you keep these guidelines handy while visiting Charleston and enjoying the Festival of Houses and Gardens. Helpful links are included so all you have to do is click the hyperlinks.
General Festival Ticket Information:
- TOUR ticketholders must pick up TOUR maps and credentials at the Festival ticket office between March 11th and April 18th, 2020. Please present proof of purchase (email confirmation) and a photo ID to receive your TOUR credentials and map. Each person on a TOUR must have valid credentials for admission to tour properties. (To avoid long lines at the ticket office, pick up your TOUR credentials between 9 am and 11 am or after 2 pm. You may pick up on any date.)
- Ticketholders to all other events will be asked to present proof of purchase (email confirmation) and a photo ID at the event venue for admission. This includes tickets to Live Like a Local events, Food for Thought Luncheon Lectures, Musical Events and Morning History Walks as well as to Charleston Antiques Show events.
- No tickets are mailed. Your email confirmation is your proof of purchase. Please print/save!
- All events occur rain or shine.
- All ticket sales are final. No cancellations. No refunds. Read our Sales Policy.
- If you are unable to use your tickets, you may contact the ticket office prior to April 30, 2020 to activate one of these options:
- Exchange your unused tickets for another event during the 2020 Festival for a processing fee of $10 per ticket plus the price difference, contingent upon availability and approval. Refunds are not given for exchanges to lower-priced tickets.
- Donate your unused tickets to HCF as a tax-deductible gift. An acknowledgment of your gift will be provided.
TOUR Ticketholders – Please Note:
- Remember, only TOUR ticketholders need to pick up credentials and tour maps from the ticket office located at 108 Meeting Street (in Shop Historic Charleston).
- Restrooms are NOT available in residential neighborhoods. Luckily, the restrooms at the ticket office are available 9 am – 6 pm daily.
- By SC law, photography is NOT allowed in either the houses or the gardens.
- Out of courtesy to our hosts and other guests, please refrain from cell phone usage while on tour.
- Tours are conducted rain or shine, so please be prepared.
- Comfortable, flat walking shoes are strongly encouraged. They are safer and better for walking uneven sidewalks and cobbled streets, and will also help protect the floors of the historic homes.
Festival Ticket Office:
- Location: in Shop Historic Charleston | 108 Meeting Street (HINT: To avoid long lines at the ticket office, pick up your TOUR credentials between 9 am and 11 am or after 2 pm. This is a great restroom location. Keep that in mind!)
- Suggested Parking for Ticket Office: Public parking garage at 93 Queen Street (or sometimes you might get lucky and find a parking space on Chalmers Street beside the shop)
- Hours: Open daily 9 am – 6 pm | Phone: 843.722.3405
Quick Reference – Festival Venues & HCF Locations:
- Aiken-Rhett House Museum | 48 Elizabeth Street
- Nathaniel Russell House Museum | 51 Meeting Street
- Captain James Missroon House | 40 East Bay Street
- Circular Congregational Church | 150 Meeting Street
- Charleston Visitor Center | 375 Meeting Street
- Shop Historic Charleston | 108 Meeting Street
- The Market Shop of Historic Charleston Foundation | 188 Meeting Street (inside the City Market)
Enhance your visit to Charleston:
- DOWNLOAD THE HISTORIC CHARLESTON FOUNDATION (HCF) MOBILE APP FOR AUDIO TOURS OF HCF’S MUSEUM HOUSES, A 30-STOP AUDIO CITY GUIDE & A CITY MAP WITH OVER 300 INTERPRETED SITES:
- It’s free and available for Apple and Android devices!
Click here or on the APP icon on our website for download assistance.
- Visit our two house museums (see link below for hours and admission fees), and enjoy tours already loaded on the HCF APP with many “extras” to discover.
- Explore Charleston with the APP’s free City Guide. Use it as much or as little as you like throughout the city. Contains over 9 recorded hours of researched and curated history along with photos.
- VISIT OUR MUSEUM HOUSES:
- Nathaniel Russell House | 51 Meeting Street
- Aiken-Rhett House | 48 Elizabeth Street
- You may purchase admission to one house or a discounted ticket to visit both houses. Click the link for hours and admission information.
- SHOP TAX-FREE:
- The Shops of Historic Charleston Foundation | 108 Meeting Street
- The Market Shop of Historic Charleston Foundation | 188 Meeting Street (in the City Market)
- Online @ www.HistoricCharleston.org/store/
And FOLLOW HCF ON FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM!
HISTORIC CHARLESTON FOUNDATION (501c3)
HEADQUARTERS | 40 East Bay Street | 843.723.1623
FESTIVAL TICKET OFFICE | 108 Meeting Street (Shop Historic Charleston) | 843.722.3405
Email the ticket office