St Philips Church Print
Established in 1680, St. Philips Church, the mother church of Anglicanism in the Carolinas, is the oldest Anglican congregation south of Virginia. The original building was completed in 1723, the present building (146 Church Street) in 1838 with significant additions in 1920 and major restoration from 1993-1994. Replacing the original 1682 cypress structure at the corner of Meeting and Broad streets, this building served as the principal parish of the official church of the colony. The churchyard contains many early English carved markers and box tombs, as does the burial ground across the street which features John C. Calhoun’s superb Roman sarcophagus style monument that dominates the graveyard.
Signed artist's print 4x6 with 5x7 mat
Art by George Roberts
Our nonprofit status enables customers to enjoy tax-free shopping