Thirty-eight photographs (late 19th century), on pages removed from a photograph album. Many depict scenes at a Georgetown County Plantation or vicinity. Six pages with photographs affixed to both sides of the page; three loose photos.
1) View of Screven Street in Georgetown, South Carolina. The Georgetown County Courthouse is at left.
2) Interior room of unidentified house, featuring China hutch and other furnishings.
3) Allée on the grounds of plantation likely in Georgetown.
4) Barn, carriages, and a mule on a Georgetown plantation
5) Woman holding an infant in front of a dwelling on a Georgetown Plantation.
6-7) View from the Cooper River of the piers and boats on the Charleston waterfront behind the U.S. Customs House. The Customs House can be seen in the background as well as Market Street buildings.
8) Unidentified beach scene, possibly Isle of Palms.
9-11) Scenes by a waterfall, likely in Flat Rock, North Carolina.
12) View of bluff on a river, likely the Pee Dee River.
13) Bluff and dwelling on Pee Dee River.
14) Boardwalk on unidentified beach.
15) Slave cabins along an allée on the grounds of a plantation likely in Georgetown.
16) View of the Georgetown Lighthouse and dwelling.
17) Woman and two men standing on the boardwalk in front of the dwelling adjacent to the Georgetown Lighthouse.
18) View across a river.
19) View of All Saints Episcopal Church (Pawley's Island, SC); gravestone in foreground.
20) View of a rice canal; portion of a rice trunk in foreground.
21) Four women and a man on a sand dune at an unidentified beach.
22) Three men stand on the steamboat Emma A. Twiggs on the Pee Dee River.
23) View across the Pee Dee River.
24-25) Rice cultivation scenes, likely at a Georgetown plantation. White man looks on at African-American field workers threshing rice. Winnowing house at right in both houses; mill building at left in Photo 25.
26) Three men relaxing under a tent.
27) Man stands by tree on the grounds of a plantation, likely in Georgetown; plantation structures or dwellings in background.
28) Boy after hunting, holding his rifle in one hand and a dead bird in the other; plantation structures or dwellings in background
29) Boy seated on a mule in front a plantation dwelling.
30) Man and woman in a horse and buggy. (Man may be Edward L. Wells, Jr.)
31) Two men and two women riding on a horse and buggy; woman in the backseat is likely Sabina Elliott Wells (artist, designer, Newcomb potter. (Man may be Edward L. Wells, Jr.)
32) Two women standing on a lawn with children and a mule-drawn cart in background; woman on left is likely Sabina Elliott Wells.
33) Five African-American hucksters with baskets of goods balanced on their heads standing under a balcony; the dresses of the three women standing above them on the balcony are also in view.
34) Men in a mule-drawn cart riding by farm buildings on a Georgetown plantation.
35) Group of people and a dog picnicking on the rocks by a river, possibly at Flat Rock, N.C.
36) Rowboat on the water.
37) Sailboat on the water.
38) Two people stand near the river; sailboat in distance.