Circa 1940s B&W photographic postcard of the courtyard of the Dock Street Theater.
Printed on back: "Dock Street Theater: S.W. Corner of Church and Queen. Originally opened 1736. Restored, together with the Planters Hotel, and dedicated in Nov. 1937, with the presentation of George Farquhar's, 'The Recruiting Officer,' the play with which the original theater was opened two hundred years ago. This was a W.P.A. Project of $300,000."