Photographic postcard (scan) featuring 56 Pitt Street, "The Colonial," when it was operated as a guest house. Features two photographic views of the building -- front and side.
Captioned: "The Colonial, Mrs. W.H. Cogswell, Hostess, 56 Pitt Street, Charleston, S.C. Central - Furnace Heated - Quiet. Phone 4180."
Photograph caption: "Built about 1790. Cogswell residence since 1871."
House was moved to 187 Wentworth Street in 1981 by Historic Charleston Foundation when it was threatened with demolition.